- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Centre
- Student Services
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- Disability Support
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Academic Integrity Module
- Careers Service
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
- Student Wellbeing & Support
Safety and Security: Public Transport
We want all of our students to feel safe, secure and comfortable when using public transport. Whether traveling by train, bus or ferry, it is important to be aware of where and how to get help if needed. Transport Departments in NSW and WA have a comprehensive list of services which can be accessed via the following links. We would encourage you to read the information contained here, and if you have any queries, speak to us:
Some safe travel tips are included below:
- In an emergency, call 000 or use the nearest available help point or emergency button – know where these are!
- Never hesitate to ask your driver, a Transperth or TransportNSW for help or assistance if you need it.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and what is happening around you. Don’t spend too much time only looking at your phone or listening to your music at the expense of what is going on around you!
- Plan your journey before you start to minimise the amount of time you wait at stations or stops. Make sure family and friends know your route and where you are.
- On train stations, stay in well-lit areas in view of security cameras.
- On buses, it is usually better to sit at the front, closer to the driver. At night, ask the driver if you can be dropped closer to your destination. Transperth (WA) has a Night Alight program after 7pm which enables a traveller (travelling outside the CBD) to be dropped off anywhere along the route even it if isn’t at a bus stop.
- At night stay in well-lit areas, and in carriages where there are lots of people.